for college scholarships!
Students - Earn $$ while still in school!
Business plan written by Cesar Plata, Founder www.everyCircle.com
352-5932, Rev. 01/24/09
year we hear about high school students who raise enormous amounts of money to
defray their college costs.
In 1995, a high school student obtained $368,936 in
college scholarships, years before the Internet became widely available!
• All students have access to the Internet today. Imagine how much
more you could earn today!
• DO NOT Work Hard - Learn to WORK SMART!
Following is an outline of a presentation I have
shared with 1000's of students since 1995. Please take the time to help yourself
to the incredible amount of resources and financial aid available to students.
Read below to learn where students (grades 9-12) can obtain information about
scholarships, and earn tens of thousands of dollars part-time very easily!
a 1995 report...
• There is over $27 BILLION available in
scholarships, grants and financial aid throughout the US!! By today, this figure
has to be well over $30 BILLION!!
• Over $7 BILLION goes unclaimed every
year! Imagine receiving just a small percentage of this amount to pay for your
college tuition & costs! (0.00001% of $7 Billion is still a lot of $$!)
• There are over 1 MILLION different scholarships available
to students throughout the US! Today, this number is much larger!
• Students have so much access to information!
- There are over a dozen major universities in the Bay Area - each has a scholarship
- There are books that are several inches thick packed with scholarship information,
at your local public library!
- Use the INTERNET!! Use keywords: scholarships, education, financial
aid, etc. Find out how much money is available for you!
• Scholarship Business Plan for High School
Students (9th -12 grades)
Following is a plan for high school students to earn tens of thousands of dollars
before they even begin to apply for colleges! You could share the work with your
friends and share the costs. Invest a few dollars for stamps and envelopes.
- Go to universities' scholarship offices and obtain scholarship application
- Go to libraries and the internet and prepare a list of scholarship addresses.
- Also apply online to numerous scholarship databases.
- Send the following letter in a self-addressed envelope to the scholarship foundations: " To
whom it may concern: I qualify for your scholarship/grant. Please send me an
application in the enclosed self-addressed stamped envelope."
- Send hundreds of these letters every month. Collect the application forms.
- Once you have received about 100 scholarship application forms, put them in
- Make copies of the application forms booklet. Most scholarship foundations
will accept copies of their application forms.
- Let's do some simple math: Assume it costs you about $5 per booklet to print.
How much would High School seniors pay you for your booklet (it would save them
so much time and effort to do all the research that you just did!). Let's say
seniors will pay you $30 per booklet. You just made a $25 profit! Now multiply
this by 25% of the seniors in your school and then multiply this by seniors in
other high schools who would be interested in purchasing your booklet!
- Do you think you could make a few thousand dollars during your free time doing
Business Plan for High School Seniors and College Students
Remember, there are over 1 MILLION different scholarshps out there! There
are scholarships for all types of students! It's a numbers game - apply as much
as possible and chances are you will win some scholarships! If you followed the
previous plan, by your senior year, you will have compiled 100's of scholarship
application forms. Let's do some simple math:
- For our calculations, assume a typical scholarship award is $1000.
- It will take you approximately 40 minutes to do the research per application
form. It will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete the applications
(during commercials, between your favorite TV shows). Total time is 1 hour per
applcation form. Many application forms may ask you for an essay - use the same
essay for the different scholarships!
- Send 100 completed scholarship application forms per month - You just invested
approximately 100 hours of time.
- On a BAD month, assume you get turned down 95% of these 100 scholarships. You
still won 5% OR 5 scholarships = $5000!!
- How much money did you earn per hour? $5000/100 hrs = $50/hour!!!
- On a BETTER month, assume you get turned down 80% of these 100 scholarships.
You still won 20% OR 20 scholarships = $20,000!! How much money did you earn
per hour? $20,000/100 hrs = $200/hour!!!
Now you are earning the same amount as doctors and lawyers, while you are still
in school!!! This concept is too simple. It takes some work and determination,
and especially a desire to help yourself.
You have just been exposed to a multi-million dollar
idea. Now it is up to you to follow through. Please do not let a good opportunity
slip by. Please call me if you have any questions. Please keep in touch with
me regarding your progress with your scholarship search. I wish you the best
with your college education.